Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nani Jon <na...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/28 08:53:45 UTC

iterate tag help.

Hi all:

Is there a way in struts <logic:iterate ... tag to be able wrap the values coming out of a collection (ArrayList) on a JSP?

Here is a sample of my JSP code which puts everything on the same <td>:

        <logic:present name="results">
         <logic:iterate id="myFormArrayListElement" name="results" property="formArrayList" type="String">
           <bean:write name="myFormArrayListElement"/></span>
              </logic:iterate>
        </logic:present>

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Nanijon.

Re: iterate tag help.

Posted by John Raley <jb...@mindspring.com>.
If the elements of the list are just Strings (or other "atomic" types)
then you won't be able to break them down into sub-properties.  If they
are composites (i.e. they have getFoo(), getBar(), etc.) you could write
these properties with:
<bean write name='myFormArrayListElement' property='bar'/>
etc.

--
Check it out: Map -> JavaBean
http://dynclass.sourceforge.net/

RE: iterate tag help.

Posted by Fabian Sommer <fa...@web.de>.
Hi Nani!

> Is there a way in struts <logic:iterate ... tag to be able wrap the
values
> coming out of a collection (ArrayList) on a JSP?
Afaik that's what it's for...

> Here is a sample of my JSP code which puts everything on the same

>         <logic:present name="results">
>          <logic:iterate id="myFormArrayListElement" name="results"
> property="formArrayList" type="String">
You don't need property I think: name="MyArrayList" should name the
ArrayList you want to get iterated, id="newBeanName" is the bean name to
access the single elements of the ArrayList:

<logic:iterate id="result" name=" myFormArrayListElement" type="String">

>            <bean:write name="myFormArrayListElement"/></span>

<bean:write name="result"/></span>

>               </logic:iterate>
>         </logic:present>

I think that should work. A look at the struts developer documentation
explains exactly how to use the struts-tags.

Fabian