Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jay Sheth <sh...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/27 01:20:22 UTC

debugging tomcat with eclipse

HI,

It would be great if you could give some hints on how to debug tomcat
with eclipse.

I have tried the following:

* Running tomcat with option jpda start and then running a remote java
application to debug but doesn't work.
* Running the tomcat application with start option. When I run the
webapp, the break point is caught in the code, however it doesn't let
me evaluate expression/ see the details of variable, saying "The
selected stack frame must be associated with a java project in the
workspace to perform an evaluation".

The project is already in eclipse. We are copying the jar file to the
tomcat lib folder and then running the tomcat app.

Any help / pointers would be useful.

Thanks,
Jay

Re: debugging tomcat with eclipse

Posted by Jay Sheth <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot. I had to add the source to the path.

Regards,
Jay

Posted by zheng chengbao <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xavier Vanderstukken <xv...@ionicsoft.com>.
I'm using Eclipse WTP version 0.7 very nice Eclipse project.
It can control a Tomcat Server and allow easy debugging

Posted by Martijn Smit <Ex...@Gangkast.com>.

Jay Sheth wrote:

>HI,
>
>It would be great if you could give some hints on how to debug tomcat
>with eclipse.
>
>I have tried the following:
>
>* Running tomcat with option jpda start and then running a remote java
>application to debug but doesn't work.
>* Running the tomcat application with start option. When I run the
>webapp, the break point is caught in the code, however it doesn't let
>me evaluate expression/ see the details of variable, saying "The
>selected stack frame must be associated with a java project in the
>workspace to perform an evaluation".
>

>The project is already in eclipse. We are copying the jar file to the
>tomcat lib folder and then running the tomcat app.
>
>Any help / pointers would be useful.
>
>Thanks,
>Jay

31.69 nHz = once a year