Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick Cooper <ni...@jdi-solutions.co.uk> on 2008/07/08 10:30:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Monitor not Showing All Instances of Apache

Hello,

I have four instances of Apache installed on a Windows XP SP2 machine, all
four instances are working correctly. The problem is Apache Monitor is only
showing two instances.

Versions in use:
2.0.61 - shown
2.2.4 - shown
2.2.8 - not shown
2.2.9 - not shown

2.2.8 was previously showing before I added 2.2.9, however after adding
2.2.9 I changed the service name for 2.2.8 by first removing it as a service
and adding it back.

Before I restarted my computer 2.2.8 and 2.2.9 where included in Apache
Monitor.

Is there any special config setting for Apache Monitor? Maybe a registry
setting?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Monitor not Showing All Instances of Apache

Posted by Nick Cooper <ni...@jdi-solutions.co.uk>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Nick Cooper wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have four instances of Apache installed on a Windows XP SP2 machine, all
>> four instances are working correctly. The problem is Apache Monitor is only
>> showing two instances.
>>
>> Versions in use:
>> 2.0.61 - shown
>> 2.2.4 - shown
>> 2.2.8 - not shown
>> 2.2.9 - not shown
>>
>> 2.2.8 was previously showing before I added 2.2.9, however after adding
>> 2.2.9 I changed the service name for 2.2.8 by first removing it as a service
>> and adding it back.
>>
>> Before I restarted my computer 2.2.8 and 2.2.9 where included in Apache
>> Monitor.
>>
>> Is there any special config setting for Apache Monitor? Maybe a registry
>> setting?
>>

> No, apache monitor simply probes for services which invoke Apache.exe, or
> httpd.exe.  Perhaps you renamed the binary?  Try simply stoping and
> restarting the Apache Monitor.

That's what I thought originally, but all instances of Apache are running as
httpd.exe. I have tried countless restarts of the Monitor and or Apache
Servers. They still won't show.

Taken from the registry for 2.2.9:
ImagePath: "c:/apache/bin/httpd.exe" -k runservice

2.2.8:
ImagePath: "c:/apache228/bin/httpd.exe" -k runservice

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Monitor not Showing All Instances of Apache

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.