Posted to user@storm.apache.org by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/26 08:28:35 UTC

using java println in Storm 1.0.1

Hey ,

I don't know why this is happening .My topology is running fine without any
 statement like -

System.out.println("distinctCount is for
member_id-"+member_id+"-"+distinctCount);

But when i use such *syso* statements in any bolt/spout it stops
emiting messages as seen from UI.

Is it due to some upgrade to new version ? or am wrong at some place .

While it is working fine in local mode /IDE but not on clutser .

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anshu Shukla

Re: using java println in Storm 1.0.1

Posted by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello all ,

I am unable to collect logging in *worker.log.out* etc files (are empty)
.. I think i am missing something . Any idea how to enable default logging
 in storm distributed setup .
I have also tried conf.debug(true/false) both from java code .

Posted by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
storm 1.0.1 uses log4j2

Posted by Lohith Samaga M <Lo...@mphasis.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
check the thread stack trace when the topology is blocked. That may be of
help. Try to find where the thread is blocked at.

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 1:58 PM, anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey ,
>
> I don't know why this is happening .My topology is running fine without
> any  statement like -
>
> System.out.println("distinctCount is for member_id-"+member_id+"-"+distinctCount);
>
> But when i use such *syso* statements in any bolt/spout it stops emiting messages as seen from UI.
>
> Is it due to some upgrade to new version ? or am wrong at some place .
>
> While it is working fine in local mode /IDE but not on clutser .
>

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Anshu Shukla

Abhishek Agarwal