Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl> on 2010/06/22 23:20:50 UTC

Solr ID field still mutliValued in 1.1

Hi,

I sent my first update command to Solr with 1.1 and an earlier problem persists:

SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR: multiple values encountered for non multiValued copy field id: http://HOST/index.php/2009/December/30/

Well, i didn't load Nutch' shipped schema.xml into my running Solr instance because it's customized and i haven't configured Nutch to add more new fields. Anyway, the ID field shouldn't be multi valued.

The shipped schema.xml [1] has no multi valued ID as it should be. The shipped solrindex.xml [2], however. does a copyField from URL to URL and it causes more than 1 value for the ID field. Why would a copyField have the same source and destination anyway?

So i removed the copyField and it works again. Should this be fixed in svn?

[1]: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/nutch/tags/relase-1.1/conf/schema.xml?view=markup

[2]: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/nutch/tags/relase-1.1/conf/solrindex-mapping.xml?view=markup

Cheers,