Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com> on 2002/07/20 00:29:44 UTC

RE: Is anyone alive?

> This list seems so deserted I'm starting to wonder if it's alive at
all...
> I'd like to offer some help with Turbine3 (one thing I can imagine:
I'd like
> to modify Configuration loader to enable loading config data from an
XML
> file instead of ugly properties. However, be warned that I'm a newbie
with
> Turbine and Java in general) Or is there anything else I could do in
order
> to help?

According to my count, your email is the 8th message posted to the list
today...how does that constitute the list being dead?

Also, if you look in the archives, Jason van Zyl is working on a
Avalonized Turbine 3 that will (probably) load properties from XML
files, as that seems to be the style in Avalon. Don't know for sure.

If you want to help on that, he posted a link to an archive of the
Turbine 3 source he's working on and the Avalon container he's hoping to
use is Plexus [1]. Though it may be in a state of flux such that he's
not ready for other people to work on it, which I'd assume be the case
since it isn't in CVS.

[1] http://tambora.zenplex.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/plexus/

Avalon [2] is a pretty cool technology you should check out. The
avalon-dev list is also pretty humorous to listen in on.

[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon

 - Stephen

Re: Is anyone alive?

Posted by Andris Spruds <li...@apollo.lv>.
Well, it depends on how writers manage to choose the right subjects for
their messages....
Andris Spruds

Re: Is anyone alive?

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.