Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vincent <vi...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/15 03:12:03 UTC

Tapestry 3.0.3 contrib:PopupLink

Hi all,

I am using popup link to popup the window , but in the poped window ,
the page will not be rendered, and thus I cannot implement anything on
popped up window.

Did I need manual to render the page? Any suggestions?

regards,
Vincent

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 contrib:PopupLink

Posted by Lindsay Steele <ls...@iinet.net.au>.
I am not totally sure about what you are asking,  but I am guessing you
are running into the fact that the popup link seems
to only work with static html pages.

Personally I use the NewWindowLink component that you can find in the
Tassel repository.   It will work in the same way as a direct link
and allow you to show dynamic content in the popuped window.  Works well
in a number of apps for me.

You can find it at Tassel - http://equalitylearning.org/Tassel/app

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
Hi Vincent.

Here's something I posted to the list ages ago.
There are usually plenty of examples if you search the list archive.

In your .page spec, use an ExternalLink and provide a PopupLinkRenderer.

     <component id="recordDetailLink" type="ExternalLink">
         <binding name="page" expression="'RecordDetail'"/>
         <binding name="parameters" expression="{patientId, record.id}"/>
         <binding name="renderer" expression="beans.recordDetailLinkRenderer"/>
     </component>
     <bean class="org.apache.tapestry.contrib.link.PopupLinkRenderer" name="recordDetailLinkRenderer">
         <set-property name="windowName" expression="'recordDetail'"/>
         <set-property name="features" expression="'top=100,left=100'"/>
     </bean>

Cheers,
Nick.