Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au> on 2002/03/01 02:24:11 UTC

Re: [xml-dev] Check out the pipeline submission

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 03:33:30PM -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-pipeline/

Pretty much like a Cocoon 2 sitemap.

"Cocoon relies on the pipeline model: an XML document is pushed through
a pipeline, that exists in several transformation steps of your
document.  Every pipeline begins with a generator, continues with zero
or more transformers, and ends with a serializer. Beside this normal
processing each pipeline may define its own error handling, too"

  http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html

Though actually the XML.com article has a better example:

  http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/02/13/cocoon2.html?page=2

--Jeff