Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Di...@eurotours.at on 2003/11/27 13:49:54 UTC

[users@httpd] Antwort: [users@httpd] Re: Apache not forwarding to Tomcat

And in workers.property the entry is:

worker.list= ajp13

or the value contain ajp13 ?

regards Dietmar

Jarmo Joensuu <j_...@yahoo.com> am 27.11.2003 12:59:12

Bitte antworten an users@httpd.apache.org

An:    users@httpd.apache.org
Kopie:
Thema: [users@httpd] Re: Apache not forwarding to Tomcat

Hi Dietmar,

good question...but I have all these lines in the mod_jk.conf file
("localhost:/examples" section):

    JkMount /examples/jsp/security/protected/j_security_check  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/snoop  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/servlet/*  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/CompressionTest  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/*.jsp  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/servletToJsp  ajp13
    JkMount /examples/SendMailServlet  ajp13

br,

Jarmo

Dietmar.Mueller@eurotours.at wrote:

Have you assign a directory to tomcat like this

JkMount /examples/*.jsp worker1

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk/aphowto.html#mod_jk%20Directives

regards Dietmar

Jarmo Joensuu am 27.11.2003 12:02:58

Bitte antworten an users@httpd.apache.org

An: users@httpd.apache.org
Kopie:
Thema: [users@httpd] Apache not forwarding to Tomcat

Hi all,

I have this problem that my Apache 2.0.47 server does not forward any
requests to my Tomcat 4.1 server (both running locally on my Thinkpad with
W2K Pro). I am using mod_jk_1.2.5_2.0.47.dll for the ajp13 protocol.

To be more specific, if I open a browser on my computer and enter the url

http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html

into the address field, I get the error:

404 Not Found
The requested URL /examples/jsp/index.html was not found on this server.
 Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) mod_jk/1.2.0 Server at localhost Port 80

I also get the following error in the Apache error.log log:
[Thu Nov 27 12:15:53 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
C:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs/examples

which indicates that Apache does not route the request to Tomcat.

MORE DETAILS:

1. the examples folder is installed to C:
\Tomcat\Tomcat-4.1\webapps\examples and

2. I have included the following line in the httpd.conf file:
include "C:/Tomcat/Tomcat-4.1/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf"

3. I have checked that the directories defined in the "localhost:/examples"
section in the C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-4.1\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf file are valid,
and that the file also contains the following lines:

  LoadModule jk_module c:/apache/Apache2/modules/mod_jk.dll

JkWorkersFile "C:/Tomcat/Tomcat-4.1/conf/jk/workers.properties"

4. I have checked that the directories defined in the C:
\Tomcat\Tomcat-4.1\conf\jk\workers.properties file are valid.

5. I have checked that the directories defined in the in C:
\Tomcat\Tomcat-4.1\conf\server.xml are valid.

6. If I enter http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html into the
browsers address field, the page opens without problems.

---

I have checked and re-checked my settings but feel quite lost at this
point. I am wondering whether my jk module (or some other part of the
setup) is listening / communicating on the wrong port...but which port
would then be correct? My Tomcat stderr.log states that: "ajp13 listening
on /0.0.0.0:8009", but how do I know if I should change that to something
else?

Assistance on resolving this would be very appreciated...

thanks,

Jarmo

Do you Yahoo!?

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now