Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/02/02 05:55:34 UTC

Common staging directory for releases

Hi,

Currently for releasing to a staging directory we have documented
each developer specifying one, but do we want to have a shared
directory where we stage releases?

Simple use case might be I stage a release and then someone else does
the final approval and merging to the production repository. Maybe we
want to archive the staging site for a month and provide group access
for any maintenance.

They may be short lived enough that it doesn't matter, but just
trying to think of any reasons we might want a shared staging
repository for all releases.

Jason.

Re: Common staging directory for releases

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

2007/2/1, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Currently for releasing to a staging directory we have documented
> each developer specifying one, but do we want to have a shared
> directory where we stage releases?

+0 good idea but I need to be more convinced

> Simple use case might be I stage a release and then someone else does
> the final approval and merging to the production repository. Maybe we

Another use case is to share the documentation before a release.

> want to archive the staging site for a month and provide group access
> for any maintenance.

Not sure. Why do we need that? I mean the release should already be done

Cheers,

Vincent