Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by SDOCA SDOCA <sd...@shaw.ca> on 2015/02/11 17:10:08 UTC

Authentication Configuration

Hi,

I am trying to move our existing wiki to a new server.  I copied our entire directory from the old (Solaris) server to the new (RHEL) server. We are using custom authentication and I believe the copy includes all the files needed in our <tomcat>/webapps/mywiki/WEB-INF directory:

- groupdatabase.xml
- jspwiki.jaas
- jspwiki.policy
- jspwiki.properties
- jspwiki.tld
- jstl-fmt.tld
- userdatabase.xml

However, no one can login to the new wiki (we can login to the old one).  I enabled the admin/SecurityConfig.jsp page and get these messages:

    We found some errors with your configuration: The system property 'java.security.auth.login.config' is null.

    We found some errors with your configuration:
        We could not find the 'JSPWiki-container' login configuration.</p>
        We could not find the 'JSPWiki-custom' login configuration.</p>

    We found some errors with your configuration: Policy file does not have a keystore... at least not one that we can locate.

Can someone tell me how to set the 'java.security.auth.login.config' property?  Will this fix the other error messages as well?

Thanks!

Re: Authentication Configuration

Posted by SDOCA SDOCA <sd...@shaw.ca>.
Hi,

Thanks for responding.

We are using JSPWiki v2.6.1.  Based on your link below, I was able to update the catalina.sh file to include the -Djava.security.auth.login.config variable and get login working.

Sometimes it just takes a little push in the right direction to get things going.

:)

Thanks again!

Posted by SDOCA SDOCA <sd...@shaw.ca>.
Hi Again,

On the clone of my wiki (see previous emails on list), I can't save edits to any page.  Everytime I edit and click save, I get the "Oops! Someone modified the page while you were editing it!" page even if I go back and "edit" it again, it will not save.  I have tried a number of pages and get the same result.  Currently, I am the only one who has access to the wiki, so am 100% certain someone else isn't making changes.

How does JSPWiki mark a page as being in edit mode?  Is there a way that I can clear this?  It appears to be system wide.

Re: Authentication Configuration

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by SDOCA SDOCA <sd...@shaw.ca>.