Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com> on 2009/11/05 17:01:49 UTC

Lounge issues

Hey-

I'm trying to configure a cluster with CouchDB but I'm running into problems installing lounge. I admit that these are problems most likely stemming from my lack of experience with linux (I am using ubuntu, jaunty jackelope), but I figured one of you kind souls could take a look at my problem anyways.

When I try to run ./build_rpm.sh to install the dumbproxy, I get a list of Wunused-variable messages, then this error message:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors

../../nginx_lounge_module/lounge.c: In function 'lounge_proxy_build_peer_list':

../../nginx_lounge_module/lounge.c:365: error: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type

make[1]: *** [objs/addon/nginx_lounge_module/lounge.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hadoop/apache-couchdb-0.10.0/tilgovi-couchdb-lounge-c9d6d45/dumbproxy/build/nginx-0.7.22'

make: *** [build] Error 2

RPM build errors:

Now, in the build directions for lounge it said I would have to mess around with the RPMS but I really don't know where to start. I have couchdb 0.10.0 installed and running, patched for design-only replication, I installed json-c and just updated my PCRE library. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you so much for your time!

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.
One Chase Manhattan Plaza
44th Floor
New York, NY 10005
(p) 646-778-4142

RE: Lounge issues

Posted by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com>.
Hey Kevin,

Thanks a lot for pointing me there! I definitely get different errors now, which indicates improvement.

The problem now is the line in the build instructions "you have to screw around with RPMs to make sure all the files end up in the right places." My problem is that I don't know really how to do that, but I know that that's the problem because now my errors are:

RPM build errors:
	Cannot create rpms/i386: No such file or directory
	Could not open rpms/i386/lounge-dumb-proxy-1.0.0.i386.rpm: No such file or directory

So my question is: what exact files should I be editing here? Does this mean I should just create a directory called rpms/i386, or should I try to point that somewhere else inside some file?

Thanks a lot! I'm just really inexperienced with linux so I appreciate your help.

What version of json-c are you using?  I think the nginx module won't compile against the most recent version, but it will work with 0.7.

We built debian packages for a working version of json-c which you can get here:
http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-lounge/downloads/list

Kevin

RE: Lounge issues

RE: Lounge issues