Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Calvin Austin <ca...@spikesource.com> on 2005/08/23 07:01:59 UTC

a testing challenge

It's great to see geronimo grow in leaps and bounds (even if its getting
increasingly difficult to keep up with the email). However when was the
last time someone thanked you for writing a test case to increase code
coverage?

Well, Spikesource is running a participatory testing challenge, for more
details see below. The first deadline is next week.

*_Open Testing Contest with Over $20,000 in Prizes_*

Committers! SpikeSource is sponsoring a contest to help increase the
participatory testing of open source software.  Awards will be given to
open source projects that have the greatest increase in code coverage
from September 15 through December 31, 2005.  Project sign-up is due by
August 31^st and the contest begins on September 15^th .  Visit
http://www.spikesource.com/contest/ for complete details and to register
your project.

Re: a testing challenge

Posted by Calvin Austin <ca...@spikesource.com>.
I've asked the folks running it to clarify the web page today as I had
received some other questions too.  In lieu of that,  code coverage is
pure code coverage, for Java projects the tool used is clover.

A team is a committer and any additional engineers who want to join in
writing the tests, . There is also an opportunity to get an early bird
bonus.

regards
calvin

Re: a testing challenge