Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2015/02/03 15:37:11 UTC

[wiki] Can't log into the wiki

All,

I tried logging into the wiki today and I got this message after a
/very/ long wait:

"
Invalid username or password. Different Apache Wikis can have different
user sets.
"

I've certainly used the wiki successfully in the past. Can someone take
a look?

Thanks,
-chris

Re: [wiki] Can't log into the wiki

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/02/2015 20:56, Andrew Carr wrote:
> Chris, others,
>
> When I updated the "SupportAndTraining" page it took about 115 seconds to
> process the request.  Most wiki requests are taking between 30 and 90
> seconds.

That is normal for the wiki. Long standing issue that infra know about.

Mark

Posted by Andrew Carr <an...@gmail.com>.
Chris, others,

--
With Regards,
Andrew Carr

e. andrewlanecarr@gmail.com
w. andrew.carr@openlogic.com
h. 4235255668
c. 4239489852
a. 101 Francis Drive, Greeneville, TN, 37743

Re: [wiki] Can't log into the wiki

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Konstantin,

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> All,
>
> I tried logging into the wiki today and I got this message after a
> /very/ long wait:
>
> "
> Invalid username or password. Different Apache Wikis can have different
> user sets.
> "
>
> I've certainly used the wiki successfully in the past. Can someone take
> a look?

I am currently logged it.

They did purge some inactive accounts in November (mine included),
but I asked a revert of that.
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/moinmoin_service_user_account_tidy

Note that wiki.a.o/tomcat and wiki.a.o/foobar are different wikis with
different sets of users.

You may try to re-register.
IIRC if you have already registered you may ask the wiki to mail you
the password.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko