Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by to...@gmail.com on 2009/08/02 20:09:04 UTC

OFBiz multi-tenancy.

Hi Users,

We are looking OFBiz as a multi-tenant solution. So that we can run multiple
tenants (fixed number of tenant approx. 100) on the same db and app server
cluster, all running the same "application".

Following are the cases for which we are looking OFBiz as multi-tenat module
:

1) Number of tenants in application are fixed.

2) Number of database server are fixed.

3) All tenants share the same application and they can't change the
application.

I have read all the thread about OFBiz Multi tenancy implementation on OFBiz
mailing list, but didn't get any proper guidelines on that. If anyone can
share any steps/document on multi tenant setup for the above mentioned
requirements then it would be better great help for me.

Its very urgent.Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

--
Anil Soni
+91-9930302283cell

Re: OFBiz multi-tenancy.

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz>.
Hi,

the patch made for neogia is avalaible at this address :
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2020

HTH,

Le 02/08/2009 21:37, David E Jones a écrit :
../..

--
- Erwan -

Re: OFBiz multi-tenancy.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
There is a group that has implemented this pretty successfully based
on OFBiz, and one of the people involved has posted an issue here:

Since then there was also a message that Neogia has implemented
something like this (I recommend searching the email archives for that
and many other related messages).

I am currently working on a branch to implement something called
"execution context" that will make implementing things like this a lot
easier to implement without significant code changes in stock OFBiz.
If you take a look at that branch you'll see some of the main objects
and interfaces, and by implementing the ExecutionContext and/or
ExecutionContextFactory interfaces (both of which are not complete,
BTW) then you'd be able to configure your implementations and use your
objects which can implement multi-tenancy and other similar types of
functionality. The general idea is that as code executes it will be
able to use this context, but where this context comes from is another
question and that is where flexibility will be available to provide
different ways of running things.

-David