Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Michael McCaffrey <mm...@ittvis.com> on 2009/09/11 19:29:30 UTC

Lucene partial text search

Looking at the couch docs for lucene, they all reference FullText
searching.

I've done the simple example from the wiki and  can get the search to
work if I put all the text in the field in the q="..." search.

Is it possible to do partial text searches? Like all the records that
contain "abc" in the field? Like a q="*abc*" wildcard query?

I see where the lucene documentation shows lots of capabilities, but
wonder if these are available/accessible in couch.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Lucene partial text search

Posted by Tommy Chheng <to...@gmail.com>.
can u use the fuzzy search(abc~) which will match against edit distance?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Michael McCaffrey <mm...@ittvis.com>.
Yes but no */? as first char.

Posted by Zachary Zolton <za...@gmail.com>.