Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by eddie fahy <ed...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/26 19:36:12 UTC

commiting changes to index

Hi,
  I have a Lucene index and I modified some docs in my index using Luke
(deleting and editing both). I can close the index and reopen and I see the
change but the current changes are not in effect. When I try to optimize the
index, it rolls-back to the orignal index. How can I commit changes to  my
index  and make index with new changes searchable?

Thanks for your help.

Re: commiting changes to index

Posted by Doron Cohen <DO...@il.ibm.com>.
Hi,

Questions on using Lucene belong to the java-user list - better
chances to get a rapid reply there.

To your question, first try Lucene FAQ - especially
"Why am I getting no hits / incorrect hits?"

Regards,
Doron