Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "btellier@apache.org" <bt...@apache.org> on 2021/06/02 07:54:14 UTC

Removal of stale branches for apache/james projects

Hello all,

While having a look at branches built by the ASF CI when switching the
tokens I noticed we have many stale, meaningless branches on some of our
repositories.

This includes:

 - https://github.com/apache/james-project/branches/all
    - cassandra-blobstore-cl-one (merged)
    - smtp-conf-fix (merged)
    - JAMES-1902-extract-some-guice-modules (merged)
    - JAMES-2589-bind-object-storage (3 years ago)
    - openpaas-1.2.0-beta1 (sounds innapropriate for an ASF branch name)
    - JAMES-2337 (feature, 3 years innactivity)
    - improve-mailet-testing-experience-v1 (feature, 3 years innactivity)
    - pr-1047 (feature, 3 years innactivity)
    - JAMES-1746 (feature, 5 years innactivity)
    - JAMES-1617 (feature, 5 years innactivity)

 - https://github.com/apache/james-site/branches
    - master-backup (the purpose of git to me is to not do this kind of
stuff...)

 - https://github.com/apache/james-jsieve/branches
   - JSIEVE-107 (there seems like there is no specific work on this branch)

 - https://github.com/apache/james-jspf/branches
   - JAMES-1831 (5 years stale)

A bit of house cleaning might be beneficial.... Without objections, I
will clean these brnches in a few days.

Furthermore the following projects do not have code associated to them:

    - https://github.com/apache/james-protocols
    - https://github.com/apache/james-mpt
    - https://github.com/apache/james-mailbox
    - https://github.com/apache/james-mailet
    - https://github.com/apache/james-imap

Maybe we should open a ticket on the INFRA to plan for their removal?
(these projects had been fused into apache/james-project...)

Regards,

Benoit

Re: Removal of stale branches for apache/james projects

Posted by Rene Cordier <rc...@linagora.com>.
+1

Rene.

Posted by Jean Helou <je...@gmail.com>.