Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Alexander Bezzubov <ab...@nflabs.com> on 2015/10/06 15:42:00 UTC

Re: Help with loading a CSV using Spark-SQL & Spark-CSV

Hi,

it's really hard to say more without looking into the logs of Zeppelin
Server and Spark interpreter in your case.

They way you do it seems to be right and I had no problems before, using it
exactly the same way to read csv, except that I never used %spark
explicitly but always made sure that in interpreter binding for spark is
the first one on the list (you can drag'n'drop bindings to reorder), so it
becomes a default one and hence no need to type %spark

Can you try that out and in case this still does not work it would be
better to create an issue in JIRA with logs attached. It might be worth
posting a link there to the particular notebook i.e by using something like
https://www.zeppelinhub.com/viewer/ to verify the paragraph structure.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Alexander.

Re: Help with loading a CSV using Spark-SQL & Spark-CSV

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.
Do you have the %spark line in the middle of a notebook "box"? It should be only at the beginning of a paragraph.

Kind regards,
Alexander.