Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 07:52:55 UTC

detailed beginners installation guide for single node development environment

Is there a detailed beginners installation guide available for setting up
Stratos on a single machine?

Ideally the guide would walk through setting up the operating system (e.g.
ubuntu 12.04), and then installing the necessary pre-requisites on the OS
before installing Stratos.

I have looked through the installation guide on the wiki (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/Installation+Guide) -
but I think this is only suitable for someone experienced with Stratos.

Re: detailed beginners installation guide for single node development environment

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Linc,

You are most welcome! Hope it would help.

One important point, at the moment we are in the process of designing the
Multi-Tenancy support for Apache Stratos (incubating) 4.0.0. The initial
discussion could be found in mail thread "[New Architecture] [LB]
Multi-Tenancy Support - Proposal".

If it is possible for you to share your experience with your Multi-Tenant
application in the dev list it might be really helpful for us to consider
generic requirements you may have.

Important points:
1. User Management:
- How do you intend to manage super users and tenant users?
- The concern is that Stratos Manager might need to integrate with the
existing user management system.

2. Tenant URL Format
- If your application is accessed via HTTP what would be the URL format of
a tenant?
Examples:
1. https://<hostname>:<port>/t/<tenant-identifier>/<path>
- What would be the tenant identifier?

3. Tenant Partitioning
- Do you partition tenants into clusters?
- If so how do you group them?

Really appreciate your feedback on this.

Many Thanks
Imesh

Posted by LINC <cu...@viettel.com.vn>.
Thank you very much. J

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Linc,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

I understand your concern. That information is still not in place for
4.0.0. However to start with you could install Openstack using DevStack
[1]. The only concern is that Openstack should have sufficient amount of
memory and disk to spawn VM instances. To begin with, 16 GB of memory and
1TB of disk space would do.

Yes Stratos is conducting a series of Hangouts on 4.0.0 architecture which
describes how different products interact with each other. Please see them
here [2].

It would be great if you could put together some detailed administrator
documentation.

[1] http://devstack.org/
[2] http://stratos.incubator.apache.org/events/hangouts.html

Many Thanks