Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "jack.l50" <ja...@gmx.com> on 2020/08/11 17:04:24 UTC

No connection sharing menu

I did research this question and it seems there are some similar questions,
however, answer to the questions were not clear to me, therefore, I'm
wondering if it can be further expanded on. I'm NOT a programmer, just a
novice user in the learning process.

I used the following .sh to install using Dockers.

# Get docker images first time
docker run hello-world
docker pull guacamole/guacd
docker pull guacamole/guacamole
docker pull mysql
docker run --rm guacamole/guacamole /opt/guacamole/bin/initdb.sh --mysql >
initdb.sql
mkdir /tmp/scripts
cp initdb.sql /tmp/scripts
docker volume create mysql_volume
docker run --name guac-mysql -v /tmp/scripts:/tmp/scripts -v
mysql_volume:/var/lib/mysql -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD='XXXXX' -d mysql:latest
docker exec -it guac-mysql bash
mysql -u root -p
CREATE DATABASE guacamole;
CREATE USER 'guacamole' IDENTIFIED BY 'XXXXX';
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON guacamole.* TO 'guacamole';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
quit
cat /tmp/scripts/initdb.sql | mysql -u root -p guacamole;
docker run --name guacd -d guacamole/guacd
docker run --name guacamole --link guacd:guacd --link guac-mysql:mysql \
-e MYSQL_DATABASE='guacamole' \
-e MYSQL_USER='guacamole' \
-e MYSQL_PASSWORD='XXXXX' \
-d -p 8080:8080 guacamole/guacamole

#harden tomcat as per https://wwww.owasp.org/index.php/Security_tomcat
docker exec -it guacamole /bin/bash
sed -i 's/redirectPort="8443"/redirectPort="8443" server="" secure="true"/g'
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/server.xml
sed -i 's/Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"/Server port="-1"
shutdown="SHUTDOWN"/g' /usr/local/tomcat/conf/server.xml

rm -Rf /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/docs/
rm -Rf /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples/
rm -Rf /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/manager/cd
rm -Rf /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/host-manager/

chmod -R 400 /usr/local/tomcat/conf

It is running on Ubuntu 20.04 server. Now, I'm struggling to find out how
to create the shared menu on the session. Can someone can give me more
plain explanation of where to look and change... or am i grossly missing
something extremely obvious.. it did happen before :)