Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/01 15:30:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] Note on splitter and attachments

Changed the thread to [discuss]. I propose dropping the attachments in
the split messages. It's kinda awkward imho to split a message into
smaller messages but still keep the attachments. I can hardly imagine a
scenario where the attachments are needed and I think it's more of an
edge case.

I will create a jira for this.

Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Note on splitter and attachments

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Changed the thread to [discuss]. I propose dropping the attachments in the
> split messages. It's kinda awkward imho to split a message into smaller
> messages but still keep the attachments. I can hardly imagine a scenario
> where the attachments are needed and I think it's more of an edge case.

Yeah it should not copy the attachments. Possible look into adding an
option on the ExchangeHelper.copyXXx methods
which is used by the Splitter, to control if attachments should be
copied or not. Or something like that.

--
Claus Ibsen