Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ron Surratt <rs...@mcn.org> on 2002/05/11 23:44:13 UTC

using request parameters in sitemap

Hi,

	I am trying to use the directory generator and having some difficulty.  I can't get the depth to work (I did check the archives and bug reports with no luck). I looked at the code in DirectoryGenerator.java and it looks like it should work but it doesn't so I gave up and tried a different tack,  I
created:

   <map:match pattern="dirtest1a/**">
    <map:generate type="directory" src="{1}" depth="10"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>

and then I call this (recursively) from a stylesheet with  document().  All that works fine BUT...  I can only get the directories underneath my sub-sitemap.  What I want is to pass the directory I want to dirtest1a as a request parameter (e.g.:
http://localhost:8080/coccoon/testdir/dirtest1a?dir=c:/tomcat4.01/...) so I can get the listing of ANY directory, and then give this to src="", but I don't know how or even if it is possible (or even a good thing to do if it is possible).  I have a feeling this is a real basic question but I am
pretty new to cocoon and I couildn't find an answer in the docs and am at a loss on how to solve the problem.  (Or maybe someone has a total different solution that is better)

	Thanks,

	Ron

Re: using request parameters in sitemap

Posted by Ron Surratt <rs...@mcn.org>.
sorry - never mind - I found the answer in the equest-parameter generator:

   <map:match pattern="dirtest1b">
	   <map:match pattern="dir" type="request-parameter">
	     <map:generate type="directory" src="{1}" depth="2"/>
	   	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
	   </map:match>
   </map:match>

now it works with stuff like:

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/testdir/dirtest1b?dir=j:/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/cocoon/testdir/examples

just fine,  even from withing document()    :)

	Ron