Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by yinghua hu <yi...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/20 21:48:43 UTC

Urgent - Withdraw my application for Google summer of code

Mahout Development,

I just got a summer internship offer today. I would like to withdraw my
application for GSOC. I am really sorry to tell you this late. I did not
hear anything from them until last week. I also did not know that I would be
selected for this internship.

Thank you very much for your recent help on the project! Maybe we can still
get opportunity to work together in the future.

Thanks!

Yinghua

Re: Urgent - Withdraw my application for Google summer of code

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Dear Yinhua,
                  Most of us here at Mahout have full time day jobs and we
contribute in terms of ideas and discussion and in terms of  code only when
we get time. You are welcome anytime to come and contribute to Mahout and
code up your Algorithm as well as improve the codebase. If you get time this
summer, maybe over a weekend, do check out what's happening with Mahout and
just dive in.

Robin

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Noted.