Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by root <ma...@st.hanze.nl> on 2001/06/12 14:54:56 UTC

How do i test tomcat

I think tomcat is running, how do i test it?

Re: How do i test tomcat

Posted by Gary Dale <ga...@mail1.moh.gov.on.ca>.
Or if you are testing from another machine, http://ipaddress:8080/ where
ipaddress is the actual IP address or the DNS name for the server. In
either case you should see the Tomcat test page.

Re: How do i test tomcat

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@ozemail.com.au>.

Re: How do i test tomcat

Posted by Vijaya Kumar <vi...@businex.com>.
Hai...
To test the working of Tomcat , u need to make sure these steps
1. Install latest Tomcat 4 beta from jakarta site
2. Set JAVA_HOME environment variable to JDK home where bin is present
3. Inside bin of tomcat u  may find two batch files for windows
        1. startup.bat        - To start the server
        2. shutdown.bat    - To shutdown th eserver
4. Dbl click startup.bat or on dos prompt change to {TOMCAT HOME}/bin and
enter startup.
5. You will see new command will be created with the heading catalina....
6. Now open your browser, and type http://localhost:8080/ it will take u to
the tomcat index page. and there u may found the default examples deployed
by tomcat itself.
7. After that you may create your own....
Hope it'll somewhat helpfull to you ...

    Have a nice day...
Regards
Vijay