Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by benitocm <be...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/24 08:06:59 UTC

How to reduce the latency to interact with a topic?

Hi all,

I am using a Kafka topic to hanle invalidation events inside a system A
that consists of different nodes. When a node of System A detects that a
situation for invalidation happens, it  produces an event to the
invalidation topic. The rest of the nodes in System A consume that
invalidation topic to be aware of those invalidations and process them.
My question is how can I configure the producers and consumers of that
topic to minimize the time of that end to end  scenario? I mean I am
interested in reducing the time that it takes to an event to be written
into Kafka and reducing the time that it takes for a producer to consume
those events.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to reduce the latency to interact with a topic?

Posted by Shilin Wu <sh...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Summary of Configurations for Optimizing Latency
Producer

   - linger.ms=0 (default 0)
   - compression.type=none (default none, meaning no compression)
   - acks=1 (default 1)

Consumer

   - fetch.min.bytes=1 (default 1)

[image: Confluent] <https://www.confluent.io>