Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com> on 1997/07/08 08:40:03 UTC

documentation/837: description in FAQ to fix JDK 1.0.2 bug not complete

>Number:         837
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       description in FAQ to fix JDK 1.0.2 bug not complete
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
On my system, the appletviewer that comes with JDK 1.0.2 reports itself as
JDK/1.0.2. Hence, the answer to question 28 in the FAQ seems to be iincomplete.

I don't know why this version of the JDK reports itself differently than others
>How-To-Repeat:
With the appletviewer on the Linux box, attempt to load an applet from a server
which includes the fix in @29 of the FAQ. No luck. Add the line I mention below,
and it works.
>Fix:
I would add

BrowserMatch JDK/1.0 force-response-1.0

to the FAQ in addition to the existing line