Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com> on 2001/10/26 19:21:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Xerces-C++ 1.5.2. is now ready!!!

Everyone,

This is to announce the much awaited release Xerces C++ 1.5.2 which
brings more Schema Subset Support to Xerces-C++ XML parser!

Highlights of this version:
   - More Schema Subset Support (see
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/schema.html for details and restriction)
   - XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize/Terminate() pair of routines can now
be called more than once within a process
   - Progressive parse support in SAX2XMLReader
   - Project files for BCB 5
   - runConfigure script to accept multiple compiler and linker options
   - Plus more bug fixes and performance improvement

This is a source and binary ( AIX, HP11, Linux, Solaris, Windows)
release.
You may download it from http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/stable/

See http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html for details.

Regards,

Tinny Ng
XML Parsers Development
IBM Toronto Laboratory, email: tng-xml@ca.ibm.com

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Xerces-C++ 1.5.2. is now ready!!!

Posted by "D. Stimits" <st...@idcomm.com>.
Corey Lubin wrote:

> Excellent! :]
>
> Perhaps it's time for me to whip out those XML Schema tutorials and start
> making the move.
>
> As a side note,
> what ever happened to talk of creating a "xercesc" directory that
> encompasses all other include directories? Xerces-C has been the first
> library I've come across not to follow this simple, sensible tradition. I'm
> not even asking for namespaces, which make sense as well as I am unaware of
> any portability problems with them.

If you are referring to include path, I think it was decided the minor
release 1.5.2 wouldn't fix that, it was just a bugfix release. Someone
said probably in the next official release. I sure hope it isn't
forgotten about, it could be a *really* long time if it is.

D. Stimits, stimits@idcomm.com

Posted by "Peter A. Volchek" <Pe...@ti.com.od.ua>.
> Everyone,
>
> This is to announce the much awaited release Xerces C++ 1.5.2 which
> brings more Schema Subset Support to Xerces-C++ XML parser!

Good job!
Congratulations!

Peter A. Volchek
Software Engineer