Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eric Brown <yo...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 23:41:54 UTC

how do I make the modules use the same version as the parent pom? 2.1?

There was a note in maven-users that maven 2.1 would have a solution
to having to specify a version in all sub-modules. Is there a jira
bug and/or patch for this or any discussion at all? (I searched the
archives and didn't turn up much.) I have lots of sub-modules and
release often which means the svn log on all my poms gets pretty long
and useless.

Here's the message from maven-users...

by Brett Porter Dec 22, 2005; 04:09pm :: Rate this Message:
  (use ratings to moderate[?])
Reply | Reply to Author | Show Only this Message

We're working on a cohesive solution in Maven 2.1 that balances out
the principle of least surprise, reproducibility and ease of use.

However, you can use the release plugin with 2.0 to aid in updating
the version after each release.

- Brett

--------

--------