Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net> on 2003/03/14 16:42:21 UTC

mod_jk 1.2.3 release

It has been a while since a mod_jk 1.2 release was done.
There have been a number of bug fixes and a few minor feature enhancements.

I just did some commits to fix some bugs I was seeing with mod_jk 1.2 and
Apache 2.0.  Some of these will also improve the connector for other web
servers. (Better handling of aborted clients)

I just upgraded one of our production sites from Apache 1.3 mod_jk 1.2.2 to
Apache 2.0 mod_jk 1.2.3-dev.  So far everything is looking good.

I really wanted to add support for using the APR to implement a global
tomcat socket connector pool.  There just doesn't seem to be any easy
way to do it without major code refactoring.  Argh!

Perhaps we could do a mod_jk 1.2.3 release in two weeks or so?

That should give adequate time for testing.

Regards,

GLenn

Suggestion for DefaultServlet (easier spidering by search engines)

Posted by Chris Brown <br...@reflexe.fr>.
Hello,

Just a little suggestion to help search engines spider Tomcat websites
easier...

Could somebody add the following to the directory listings generated by
tomcat ?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: mod_jk 1.2.3 release

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
Thanks.  It isn't ready yet.  I tried over the weekend running Apache 2/mod_jk-1.2.3-dev
on a production site.  With my recent commits it is running much better, but it is still
failing at least once a day. Argh!  I'll have to go back once again and see if I can
reproduce the failure on a test system.

Glenn

Re: mod_jk 1.2.3 release

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Re: mod_jk 1.2.3 release

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Re: mod_jk 1.2.3 release

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Re: mod_jk 1.2.3 release

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> It has been a while since a mod_jk 1.2 release was done.
> There have been a number of bug fixes and a few minor feature
> enhancements.
>
> I just did some commits to fix some bugs I was seeing with mod_jk 1.2 and
> Apache 2.0.  Some of these will also improve the connector for other web
> servers. (Better handling of aborted clients)
>
> I just upgraded one of our production sites from Apache 1.3 mod_jk 1.2.2
> Apache 2.0 mod_jk 1.2.3-dev.  So far everything is looking good.
>
> I really wanted to add support for using the APR to implement a global
> tomcat socket connector pool.  There just doesn't seem to be any easy
> way to do it without major code refactoring.  Argh!
>
> Perhaps we could do a mod_jk 1.2.3 release in two weeks or so?

+1 on 1.2.3.

I started to close bugs on 2.0 - and did some extra testing on the
loadbalancing, I would like to move it closer to a release state.

Costin