Posted to users@maven.apache.org by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/29 11:20:13 UTC

Re: how to use buildnumber-maven-plugin

Can I have two separate variables containing build number values in
different format?
Actually want to use build number for both the build directory name and the
time stamp in jar file names.
so a buildnumber with format MM-DD-YYYY be the build directory name
and MM-DD-YYYY-HH-mm gets appended to the jar names and in the manifest
file.

Regards,
Amit

Posted by Sergio M C Figueiredo <sm...@yahoo.com.br>.
amit,

You can use the same Nick suggestion using two execution tags to same plugin
tag. Try this:

        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
            <artifactId>buildnumber-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>0.9.6</version>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <id>generate-buildnumber</id>
                    <phase>validate</phase>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>create</goal>
                    </goals>
                  <configuration>
                   <format>{0,date,MM-DD-YYYY}</format>
                     <items>
                        <item>timestamp</item>
                     </items>

<buildNumberPropertyName>buildDateToDirectory</buildNumberPropertyName>
                  </configuration>
                </execution>
                <execution>
                    <id>generate-timestamp</id>
                    <phase>validate</phase>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>create</goal>
                    </goals>
                    <configuration>
                        <format>{0,date,MM-DD-YYYY-HH-mm}</format>
                        <items>
                          <item>timestamp</item>
                       </items>

<buildNumberPropertyName>buildDateToJar</buildNumberPropertyName>
                    </configuration>
                </execution>
            </executions>
        </plugin>

Use ${buildDateToDirectory} and ${buildDateToJar} instead of ${buildNumber}.

Sergio M C Figueiredo
my blog in "pt-BR": http://devdelver.wordpress.com/

Posted by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com>.