Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Richard Urena <rr...@www.miser.umass.edu> on 1999/04/29 23:13:11 UTC

config/4334: Nothing in sbin, everything in bin

>Number:         4334
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Nothing in sbin, everything in bin
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.6
>Environment:
Linux 2.0.34 (Slackware 3.5.0 dist), Pentium (i586)
egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release)

NOTE:  I'm not writing this report from the machine in question
Not really a bug, but a mismatch between what the documentation says and
what actually happens.  I used ./configure with a prefix (see below)

All the binaries are created under $PREFIX/bin (including httpd
itself).   There is no $PREFIX/sbin created, contrary to what
the various documents (README, INSTALLING, etc.) say.
(Also, one of those documents says you want feedback on APACI, but
no email address is given, which is why I'm submitting as a bug report :-) )

Otherwise the APACI process is straightforward.
>How-To-Repeat:
On the 1.3.6 source tree, this is what I did:

./configure --verbose --prefix=/var/lib/httpd
make
make install
>Fix:
Probably a simple change in the configure shell script and/or
the Makefile that's generated --sorry I don't have time to look
into it.