Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nicolae Marasoiu <ni...@kepler-rominfo.com> on 2009/06/18 18:53:06 UTC

broken baseline

Hi;

When I am parsing TTF's I receive an error, about ascendent and descendent pair not compatible with em box. I think this is related to the random malfunction described below when outputing a PNG image.

The PDF generation works fine (at least when embedding the font; otherwise I see for some fonts it does not recognize them although installed in Windows XP).
But the PNG generation quite often misplaces characters out of their cells (I draw a series of block-container/block/table/row/cells). Repeating the operation gives different results, many of them being correct. I am not sure, but I think larger font sizes tend to displace more often.

What advice do you have for me?

Also, do you know of any free source PDF/PS to (transparent background) PNG/GIF/TIFF converter available?

Thank you very much,
Nicu Marasoiu