Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by koney krishna <ko...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/15 06:49:26 UTC

Tomcat server (4.1.29) unable to handle GERMAN characters ; Please help

Hi,

I am sending a URL request to Tomcat server (4.1.29) which contains some German Characters.

ex:
http://localhost:8080/manager/C.html

The Request to Tomcat comes as
http://localhost:8080/manager/%C3%FC.html

Tomcat then decodes does not decode
the "%FC " and looks for a file %C3%FC , which of course
does not exist and causes a 404 error.

I am unable to resolve this issue from last week.
Please help me in resolving this issue

thanks
kris

RE: Tomcat server (4.1.29) unable to handle GERMAN characters ; Please help

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Add the following to your connector in server.xml

URIEncoding="UTF-8"

Mark