Posted to dev@baremaps.apache.org by Bertil Chapuis <bc...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/07 23:02:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Baremaps 0.7.1 (incubating)

Hello Baremaps Community,

This is a call for a vote to the 1st release candidate for Apache Baremaps, version 0.7.1-incubating.

We request project mentors (binded) as well as all contributors (unbinded) and users to review and vote on this incubator release. This release contains a DISCLAIMER-WIP file and the identified issues will be addressed in future releases.

The commit to be voted upon:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/commit/b999c68a371ba9ffc7ca2ca5815746cdcf6bcfd1 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/commit/cf4a80be49d6961c84caeb281906fd4dfa40f904>

The full list of changes and release notes are available at:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/releases/tag/v0.7.1-rc1 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/releases/tag/untagged-8dd4aefde3f5a905c163>

Best regards,

Bertil Chapuis

Re: [VOTE] Release Baremaps 0.7.1 (incubating)

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Ha!  Friday works for me.  I’ll send a another email off list to get a time
set.  Once we find something that works for both of us, I’ll send it out to
this thread in case anyone wants to participate.

Sent from A Mobile Device

Re: [VOTE] Release Baremaps 0.7.1 (incubating)

Posted by Bertil Chapuis <bc...@gmail.com>.
Hello Everyone,

I updated the release instructions[1] to include the comments of Josh and Julian.

Thank you Léonard for your work on the license headers. We still have some work ahead regarding licensing (favicon, minified js, etc.), but in my understanding the DISCLAIMER-WIP allows us to release and address these issues later on.

I will try to drop a 2nd release candidate with this updated release early next week.

Best,

Bertil

[1] - https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/blob/f7e178c33bed7fd2f669d4d7392280b8d3bbb110/RELEASE.md

Posted by Bertil Chapuis <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertil Chapuis <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Léonard Besseau <l....@gmail.com>.
-1  due to the issues raised by Julian and josh. Otherwise it's OK for me
on the functional part.

Thanks a lot Bertil for your work on this release.
I've opened #598 Fix missing license
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/pull/598> for the files that
need a header with the license.

What I checked:
- Full test suite from the git repository with 'mvn clean test -P
integration' and maven 3.8.6 openJDK 19 OSX
- Full test suite from the src.zip artifacts in the release with 'mvn clean
test -P integration' and maven 3.8.6 openJDK 19 OSX (Hash:
4455dbfef94146d4d98292d3feb5da458f4f4e5b1938d27ec2f387ae5b8352bcd93a72cd2d7d1ff7d2479ee890c8a070d626d01786e0a89704fc09af2b197e56
)
-  Checked the Release hash
- Ran the OpenStreetMap example

Best

Léonard

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.

Posted by Bertil Chapuis <bc...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I should have better checked the URLs.

Here is the release (incorrect in the first mail):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/releases/tag/v0.7.1-rc1 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/releases/tag/v0.7.1-rc1>

And the corresponding commit (correct in the first mail):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/commit/b999c68a371ba9ffc7ca2ca5815746cdcf6bcfd1 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/commit/b999c68a371ba9ffc7ca2ca5815746cdcf6bcfd1>

https://infra.apache.org/release-signing.html <https://infra.apache.org/release-signing.html>

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Hi,
-1.

We have a few things to do.

1. We need accompanying checksum files and a gpg signature to verify the
integrity of the download.
2. The archives should be uploaded  to somewhere like
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/
baremaps/baremaps-${version}-candidate-1
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/baremaps/baremaps-${version}-candidate-1>
3. This link doesn't work:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-baremaps/releases/tag/untagged-8dd4aefde3f5a905c163
4. We also need a KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/baremaps/.  An example is
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datalab/KEYS

There may be other things, but this is a rough first pass.  We don't need
to start a new vote or create a new candidate.   I think we can simply add
the required files and continue the vote.

- Josh

Posted by Andrea Borghi <an...@camptocamp.com>.
+1 non-binding