Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by dima <di...@hyperfluid.com> on 2000/11/09 21:34:42 UTC

[C2][OT] Input Streaming?

 I am just wondering...

 With all it's pros and cons Cocoon1 as well as Cocoon2 are nevertheless
extremely dependent on physical input sources. I mean you just have to
have those XML files somewhere in your document tree, else the whole thing
becomes somewhat meaningless, which I find quite limiting.
 In the light of a very recent discussion on sitemap architecture, would
anyone think it may be useful to add in another generator that accepts/
parses InputStreams into Cocoon2?

 Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated :).

 regards,
 dima

Re: [C2][OT] Input Streaming?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.ch>.
dima wrote:

>  I am just wondering...
>
>  With all it's pros and cons Cocoon1 as well as Cocoon2 are nevertheless
> extremely dependent on physical input sources. I mean you just have to
> have those XML files somewhere in your document tree, else the whole thing
> becomes somewhat meaningless, which I find quite limiting.
>  In the light of a very recent discussion on sitemap architecture, would
> anyone think it may be useful to add in another generator that accepts/
> parses InputStreams into Cocoon2?

First, different Generators have nothing to do with the sitemap
architecture. What do you mean with InputStreams, I don't get it.

Well, I think we have space for far more generators. What about a
Ozone/XML-generator.

Giacomo

Re: [C2][OT] Input Streaming?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.