Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by G....@lrcb.umcn.nl on 2006/07/25 14:34:13 UTC

Breadcrumb help needed!

Dear Forresters,

I'm trying to grasp breadcrumbs, but don't understand them! The 'How do breadcrumbs work?' (FAQ 3.12) doesn't really help me sorry! The note (see below) in skinconf.xml doesn't either!

NOTE: If a breadcrumb entry points at a local file the href must
    be complete, that is it must point to the file itself, not to a
    directory.

How do I manage to create a reference to a local file with for example link2?

Could anybody please give some hint on this? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Gerard

Re: Breadcrumb help needed!

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Hi,
(Don't know if someone has already answered you ?)

le 25/07/2006 14:34 G.Verhaag@lrcb.umcn.nl a écrit :

> Dear Forresters,
>
> I'm trying to grasp breadcrumbs, but don't understand them! The 'How
> do breadcrumbs work?' (FAQ 3.12) doesn't really help me sorry! The
> note (see below) in skinconf.xml doesn't either!
>
> NOTE: If a breadcrumb entry points at a local file the href must
>     be complete, that is it must point to the file itself, not to a
>     directory.
>
> How do I manage to create a reference to a local file with for example
> link2?

With skin :

<trail>
    <link1 name="My external link"
href="http://www.myExternalSite/MyExternalPage.html"/>
    <link2 name="My Local File" hef="file.html"/>
    <link3 name="My Local File in subdir" href="sub-dir/file.html"/>
  </trail>

And with the dispatcher (because I am sure you will soon try it :-) ) :
<forrest:contract name="branding-breadcrumbs">
  <forrest:property name="branding-breadcrumbs">
    <trail>
      <link1 name="My external link"
href="http://www.myExternalSite/MyExternalPage.html"/>
      <link2 name="My Local File" hef="file.html"/>
      <link3 name="My Local File in subdir" href="sub-dir/file.html"/>
    </trail>
  </forrest:property>
</forrest:contract>

> Could anybody please give some hint on this? Thanks in advance!

HTH,

Cyriaque,