Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu> on 2001/08/05 00:32:29 UTC

jsvc

Howdy Gurus... (Pier?)

Can you tell me what is jsvc? I dug out in some archives that it allows
stopping/restarting Tomcat via UNIX signal? And allows to run Catalina
on port 80 as nobody... You see, my pants are wet, and I am salivating...

Any docs?

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/

Re: jsvc

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Jan Labanowski at jkl@osc.edu wrote:
>
> > Howdy Gurus... (Pier?)
> >
> > Can you tell me what is jsvc? I dug out in some archives that it allows
> > stopping/restarting Tomcat via UNIX signal? And allows to run Catalina
> > on port 80 as nobody...
>
> Yeah... It works... It'll be included (probably) in the next Beta of TC4.

I have ported it to cygwin, I will commit the changes the evening.

Re: jsvc

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Re: jsvc

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.