Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2012/03/16 09:22:19 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 16, 9 am Pacific Time

Hi,

  We will have our regular meeting Friday, March 16 at 9 am Pacific Time
to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.
  NOTE that the U.S. has switched to Daylight Savings Time

   Dial-in numbers are:
   US Toll free: 866 682-4770
   Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
   Germany Toll free: 08006648515
   (Other countries by request)

   To place the call:
   1. Call the toll free number.
   2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
   3. Enter the security code 1111#

   Agenda:

   1. README.html under trunk needs to be reviewed.
   2. log4j class loader, no enhancer log output with maven 2:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-706?
   3. Refactor JDO parent & child poms
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-707
   4. Create JIRA "component" entry for exectck & parent-pom modules
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-708
   5. Issues fixed with setting autoCreateTables=false
   6. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630,
       click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenacnce release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"
   7. Standardize field/property converters:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-709
   8. Other issues

   Action Items from weeks past:

   [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617 re the utility of the
update operator.
   [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 16, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi Michelle,

thanks for the feedback.

I incorporated the suggestions with the exception of 3., because the
section "Running the TCK" already explains what the the Note is trying
to say.

Regards Michael

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi,

and now as zip-dile.

Regards Michael

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

   Agenda:

   1. README.html under trunk needs to be reviewed.

Maven: need at least maven 2 to build. But should we remove the
reference to mevenide? Yes. AI Michael send a patch with more review.

   2. log4j class loader, no enhancer log output with maven 2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-706?

When activating the iut profile, all other profiles are deactivated.
You have to specify all profiles that you want.

   3. Refactor JDO parent & child poms https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-707

Seems like a good pattern. Ship it.

   4. Create JIRA "component" entry for exectck & parent-pom modules https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-708

Close as "won't fix".

   5. Issues fixed with setting autoCreateTables=false

Michael changed the mapping by adding the schema to the package. With
these settings (checked in) the tck now runs on Derby without auto
create tables.

Separately, we might consider changing the specification to require
using the schema with sequence names. AI Michael create a JIRA for the
specification change.

   6. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630
,
       click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenacnce release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

   7. Standardize field/property converters: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-709

How does the user specify conversions of field values? This is a topic
currently being discussed in another expert group. AI Matthew update
the JIRA.

   8. Other issues

The latest tck run shows an error on runonce signature test.
Embedded.java has a new method for the discriminator:

     /**
      * Discriminator for cases where the embedded object has
inheritance.
      * @return the discriminator for inheritance determination
      */
     Discriminator discriminatorColumnName() default @Discriminator;

The signature test parser isn't prepared to deal with this
construction. AI Michael file a JIRA for this.

   Action Items from weeks past:

   [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.
   [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo