Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/02 21:12:51 UTC

Re: ASO and browser cookie disabled [SOLVED or BUG?]

There was a PageLink in the actual form component. If I move the PageLink out of the form component the ;jsessionid=xxx is generated.

The strange thing is that if the browser support cookies, the session is correctly managed even if the form component contains a PageLink.

Isn't that a bug ? It is at least inconsistent.

// The login form
  <form jwcid="@Form" class="login" listener="listener:login">
maxlength="15"/></td>
          <input jwcid="password@TextField" value="ognl:password" displayName="mot de passe"
maxlength="15" hidden="true"/>
          <input type="submit" value="ok" class="ok"/>
    </form>

---------------------------------

PropertyselectionModel Q

Posted by Peter Verhoye <pe...@synergetic-solutions.be>.
Hi all,

I'm trying to do the following:

We have an object (Account) which contains an other object (Language).
To edit the account, I've created an accountEdit page where I want to
have a dropdown box that shows the list of languages one can set for an
account. But, I want the list to be set to the language the account
already has if available.
So, I've already created the following:

public class LanguageSelectionModel implements IPropertySelectionModel,
Serializable {
	private static final long serialVersionUID = -3912209045599735086L;

	private List<Language> languageList;

	private String languageId;

	public LanguageSelectionModel(List<Language> languageList, String
languageId) {
		this.languageList = languageList;
		this.languageId = languageId;
	}

	public int getOptionCount() {
		return languageList.size();
	}

	public Object getOption(int index) {
		return languageList.get(index);
	}

	public String getLabel(int index) {
		return languageList.get(index).getDescription(languageId);
	}

	public String getValue(int index) {
		return Integer.toString(index);
	}

	public Object translateValue(String value) {
		 return getOption(Integer.parseInt(value));
	}
}

In the AccountEdit.page file I have this:
<component id="language" type="PropertySelection">
	<binding name="model" value="availableLanguages"/>
	<binding name="value" value="account.language"/>
</component>

In the AccountEdit.java file I have the following:
public IPropertySelectionModel getAvailableLanguages() {
	String languageId =
getVisitObject().getContactPerson().getLanguage().getId();
	return new LanguageSelectionModel(getLanguageDAO().findLanguages(),
languageId);
}

Now, this all seems to work except that the combobox does not get
initialised on the correct Language object. Now, I think I know why but
I don't know how I should initialise the PropertySelectionModel.

Anyway has an idea or so?

Thank you!!

BB
Peter

Re: List of logged users

Posted by Martijn Hinten <ma...@cumquat.nl>.
Implement a HttpSessionListener. This listener will be notified of all
sessions that are destroyed (it's sessionDestroyed() method will be
called). In that method you can check which user is logged off en remove
that user from the (applicationscope, I guess) list.

See code sample below.

Good luck,
Martijn

An example of a session listener that just counts sessions:

import javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionEvent;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener;

import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;

public class SessionWatcher implements HttpSessionListener {

private static final Log log = LogFactory.getLog(HttpSessionListener.class);

private static int activeSessions = 0;

/*
* @see
javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener#sessionCreated(javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionEvent)
*/
public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent event) {
activeSessions++;

log.debug("Session created with id:"+event.getSession().getId()
+". No of active sessions:"+activeSessions);
System.out.println("Session created with id:"+event.getSession().getId()
+". No of active sessions:"+activeSessions);

}

/*
* @see
javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener#sessionDestroyed(javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionEvent)
*/
public void sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent event) {
if(activeSessions > 0) {
activeSessions--;
}
log.debug("Session destroyed with id:"+event.getSession().getId()
+". No of active sessions:"+activeSessions);
System.out.println("Session destroyed with id:"+event.getSession().getId()
+". No of active sessions:"+activeSessions);

}

}

Add something like this to your web.xml:

<listener>
<listener-class>
com.zenz.mzz.view.listeners.SessionWatcher
</listener-class>
</listener>

--

*Cumquat Information Technology*
De Dreef 19

martijn.hinten@cumquat.nl <ma...@cumquat.nl>
M +31 6 22 384 318

RE: List of logged users

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
You can use a session listener for this:

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionListener
.html

You register it in your web.xml file.

List of logged users

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.
Cookies will, of course, manage the session if you bypass Tapestry
completely and just do <a href=""> ... but it doesn't sound right
that PageLink behaves that way inside a form.

If nobody comes up with a good answer on the list, I'd say file it in
Jira.