Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com> on 2010/06/22 14:39:15 UTC

[Announce] POI 3.7 beta 1

Hi All

It's been about 6 months now since 3.6 FINAL, and the changelog [1] shows
we've fixed a fairly hefty number of bugs, even if there haven't been that
many new features. So, we've decided to do a new release, of POI 3.7 Beta
1.

Along with the very large number of bug fixes, there have been noticable
improvements in the areas of:
* HSMF (Outlook) processing and text extraction
* XSLF and XWPF text extraction
* Event based text extraction for XSSF
* DataFormatter matches Excel behaviour for a wider range of formats

Plus lots of other things that you can find in the changelog! [1]

The beta release will be on the mirrors shortly:
 	http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/poi/dev/bin/
 	http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/poi/dev/src/

The beta will also shortly be available in the central Maven repository
under Group ID "org.apache.poi" and Version "3.7beta1".

Please do please test this new release with your code, and report back any
problems. That will hopefully allow us to fix the bugs before 3.7 Final is
released!

Nick
(On behalf of the Apache POI PMC)

[1] http://poi.apache.org/changes.html