Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Chen Bangzhong <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/02 05:54:29 UTC

a question regarding maxActive

Hi, experts

I have one java web application. In the application,
several datasource was configured for dbcp. For each datasource,
maxActive was set to 100 and max Idle set to 30.

Then I used
several crawlers to make the web application very busy, until the
application reported that it can't get an idle connection to the
database server.

But strangely enough, I found the connections to database servers was only about 100 using the nestat -an command.

so
my question is : is the maxActive shared by the whole applications ? In
my opinion, the max connection should be the number of datasource times
maxActive.  For example, 4 datasources, the connections should be 400,
not 100.

How about different jvm on the same machine?

thanks

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/