Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/08 03:56:56 UTC

Checking performance of plugins, queryParser, edismax, etc

Hi,

Would like to find out, is there a way to check the performance of
the queryParser and things like edismax in Solr?

I have tried on the debug=true, but it only show general information like
the time taken for query, highlight, etc.

"process":{
        "time":6397.0,
        "query":{
          "time":5938.0},
        "facet":{
          "time":0.0},
        "facet_module":{
          "time":39.0},
        "mlt":{
          "time":0.0},
        "highlight":{
          "time":386.0},
        "stats":{
          "time":0.0},
        "expand":{
          "time":0.0},
        "debug":{
          "time":32.0}}}}}

I'm trying to find out what is causing the query to slowdown. I have
included things like SynonymExpandingExtendedDismaxQParserPlugin, and would
like to find out the time it takes to process the plugin and other things
like edismax?

I'm using Solr 6.0.1.

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Checking performance of plugins, queryParser, edismax, etc

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 11:56 +0800, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would like to find out, is there a way to check the performance of
> the queryParser and things like edismax in Solr?
>
> I have tried on the debug=true, but it only show general information like
> the time taken for query, highlight, etc.
>
> "process":{
>         "time":6397.0,
>         "query":{
>           "time":5938.0},
>         "facet":{
>           "time":0.0},
>         "facet_module":{
>           "time":39.0},
>         "mlt":{
>           "time":0.0},
>         "highlight":{
>           "time":386.0},
>         "stats":{
>           "time":0.0},
>         "expand":{
>           "time":0.0},
>         "debug":{
>           "time":32.0}}}}}
>
> I'm trying to find out what is causing the query to slowdown. I have
> included things like SynonymExpandingExtendedDismaxQParserPlugin, and would
> like to find out the time it takes to process the plugin and other things
> like edismax?
>
> I'm using Solr 6.0.1.

This is a big and complex topic, as you will see as you explore the
results of
https://www.google.ca/search?q=solr+performance