Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2015/08/09 19:35:37 UTC

Proposed board report

Hi folks,

We have a board report due this month. Here is the draft. Let me know if
you have anything to add. I plan to submit this on 8/11.

<snip>
BookKeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance
logging service. The project also includes Hedwig which is
a highly scalable Pub/Sub service built on top of ZooKeeper
and BookKeeper with strong durability guarantees.

= Project Status =

Development has continued towards the 4.4.0 release, which
is a feature release. It will be including improvements on bookie storage,
compaction and ledger recovery, and new features about last-add-confirmed
long poll. A new api about ledger handle is on proposal and under
discussing.

= Releases =

Our last release was 4.3.1, released on 2015-05-27. The next release will
be 4.4.0.

= Community Status =

The last committer added was Matteo Merli (mmerli) on
the 6th Jul 2015.

We are going to schedule the first user meetup on September.

No infrastructure issues.

61 subscribers in dev@bookkeeper.apache.org
77 subscribers in user@bookkeeper.apache.org

853 issues opened to date, 10 since 2015-05-15
589 issues resolved to date, 8 since 2015-05-15
54 people have reported issues, 7 since 2015-05-15
26 people have contributed patches, 4 since 2015-05-15
</snip>

Re: Proposed board report

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
Thank you all guys. I submitted the board report today.

- Sijie

RE: Proposed board report

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
+1 looks fine