Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Bernard, Shawn" <Sh...@turner.com> on 2005/12/19 14:20:44 UTC

[Collections] When to use a Predicate?

Under what circumstanes would one use a Predicate to encase conditional logic?  I know it's a rather broad question, but I was looking at them and they seem pretty powerful, but I wouldn't want to use them incorrectly.

Thanks,

Shawn

Re: [Collections] When to use a Predicate?

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Bernard, Shawn wrote:
> Under what circumstanes would one use a Predicate to encase conditional logic?  I know it's a rather broad question, but I was looking at them and they seem pretty powerful, but I wouldn't want to use them incorrectly.

If you like the functor style of programming then go ahead and use it!

There is a potential downside in terms of extra classes and object
instantiation, but on modern JVMs thats not really a big issue.

Stephen