Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/05 06:51:56 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Keep the Community Member Information Up-to-Date

Thanks Tison and Yun for sharing your opinions.

@Tison,
Keep both a potential out-of-date table and a link to the up-to-date list
sounds good to me. We can also add a notice about the page being
potentially out-of-date.

@Yun,
- I'm not sure about using someone's github avatar *by default*. I think we
should at least get permission from that person, which IMO makes little
difference than asking that person to update the website.
- Adding a reminder in the invitation letter sounds good. However, I'm not
sure whether we have such a place holding the template of an
invitation letter. It seems to me most PMC members would just randomly pick
a previous invitation letter from the mailing list archive and replace the
name.
- Adding a notice on the website definitely makes sense. We can also link
to the up-to-date list in that notice.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I've created FLINK-27514 to add the notice and link.

Thank you~

Xintong Song