Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Albert Vila Puig <av...@imente.com> on 2003/12/04 11:40:11 UTC

Real update feature

I know the only way to update a document is doing a delete and an add.
Even so, I want to know if there is a possibility to modify the lucene
core in order to allow real document updates (for instance, change a
document field value). Is it possible to implement a feature like that?
I think a lot of people will be interested in such a feature.

Any comment will be appreciate.

Thanks

Albert

Re: Real update feature

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.
It would be possible to add a feature which would let you efficiently
update un-indexed field values.  But, to update an indexed field,
because of the index file formats and algorithms, it would be very
inefficient to do something other than delete+add.

Doug