Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ro...@lotus.com on 2000/03/22 16:00:10 UTC

redirect memory use (was Help!]

We're always looking for ways to reduce memory requirements, especially
since decreasing this usually increases speed as well.  If you can send me
your XML and XSL files, I can profile it with some memory profilers, like
OptimizeIt! and see what's exhausting the memory, or if we're pinning
objects, or whatever.

Folow-ups to xalan-dev only please.

-Rob

                    Andrea
                    Schneider            To:     xerces-dev@xml.apache.org
                    <as@insos.com        cc:     (bcc: Robert Weir/CAM/Lotus)
                    >                    Subject:     Re: [Fwd: Help!]
                    Sent by:
                    as@insos.com

                    03/22/00
                    04:46 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xerces-dev

xerces-dev@xml.apache.org
>                     <as@insos.com        cc:     (bcc: Robert
Weir/CAM/Lotus)
>                     >                    Subject:     [Fwd: Help!]
>                     Sent by:
>                     as@insos.com
>

>                     03/21/00
>                     11:34 AM
>                     Please
>                     respond to
>                     xerces-dev

Hello Rob,
thank you for soon answer. I tried it and first it seems to be the right
way, but
when I increased the heap until 128MB I reached a border. I want ( in
this first
test ) to write 100 invoices. The border is reached on 68 invoices.
Is there another possibility to decrease memory requirements ?

-Andrea

Re: redirect memory use (was Help!]

Posted by Andrea Schneider <as...@insos.com>.
Robert_Weir@lotus.com wrote:

> We're always looking for ways to reduce memory requirements, especially
> since decreasing this usually increases speed as well.  If you can send me
> your XML and XSL files, I can profile it with some memory profilers, like
> OptimizeIt! and see what's exhausting the memory, or if we're pinning
> objects, or whatever.
>
> Folow-ups to xalan-dev only please.
>
> -Rob
>

>                     Andrea
>                     Schneider            To:     xerces-dev@xml.apache.org
>                     <as@insos.com        cc:     (bcc: Robert Weir/CAM/Lotus)
>                     >                    Subject:     Re: [Fwd: Help!]
>                     Sent by:
>                     as@insos.com
>

>                     03/22/00
>                     04:46 AM
>                     Please
>                     respond to
>                     xerces-dev

Hello Rob,
this would be very nice! I tried today a new version of XSL-Stylesheet
(keepernew.xsl)
for better performance, but sometimes I get again the
OutOfMemoryException or the performance is very ugly:
one invoice lasted up to 20 Minutes! I attached the XML, DTD, and the 2
XSL-Files
in gzip-Form. Thanks
- Andrea