Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/16 05:54:48 UTC

New 'current' pseudo-subproject

I've set up a 'current' directory for Struts that uses a cool
Subversion feature to make all of the individual subproject 'trunk'
directories available through a single checkout. So now you can do
this:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/current

and get this:

current/
  apps/
  bsf/
  core/
  el/
  faces/
  sandbox/
  taglib/
  tiles/

So now, if you're working on Struts as a whole, you can check out,
update and commit for all subprojects at once.

See the section on Externals Definitions in the Subversion book for
how this works, and a couple of caveats:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s03.html

Many thanks to Tim O'Brien for the idea.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: New 'current' pseudo-subproject

Posted by Eddie Bush <ea...@gmail.com>.
You're a good man, Charlie Brown!  Thanks to you too, Tim :-)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:54:48 -0800, Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've set up a 'current' directory for Struts that uses a cool
> Subversion feature to make all of the individual subproject 'trunk'
> directories available through a single checkout. So now you can do
> this:
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/current
>
> and get this:
>
> current/
>  apps/
>  bsf/
>  core/
>  el/
>  faces/
>  sandbox/
>  taglib/
>  tiles/
>
> So now, if you're working on Struts as a whole, you can check out,
> update and commit for all subprojects at once.
>
> See the section on Externals Definitions in the Subversion book for
> how this works, and a couple of caveats:
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s03.html
>
> Many thanks to Tim O'Brien for the idea.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

Eddie Bush