Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Mike K <mk...@semanticresearch.com> on 2010/11/04 21:39:21 UTC

slf4j error using shiro 1.1.0

SLF4J: slf4j-api 1.6.x (or later) is incompatible with this binding.
SLF4J: Your binding is version 1.5.5 or earlier.
SLF4J: Upgrade your binding to version 1.6.x. or 2.0.x

I am unable to deploy my war to Tomcat due to the above error. Any
suggestions on a fix would be appreciated.

RE: slf4j error using shiro 1.1.0

Posted by Bryan Turner <in...@hotmail.com>.
In your dependency for Shiro, add the following:<exclusions>  <exclusion>    <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>    <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>  </exclusion></exclusions>
This will exclude Shiro's SLF4J API, which is too new, from your build. The other option is to upgrade whatever binding jar you have deployed (slf4j-log4j12, logback-classic, etc) to a 1.6.x version (which is probably better, overall, but I don't know the requirements of your environment). Note that if you depend on multiple Shiro artifacts, you would need to add this exclusion to all of them.
Hope this helps,Bryan Turner